Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We'll see what happens

So I submitted my entry into the Jazzbot blog writer competition today. The deadline is actually tomorrow so this might be the first time that I have actually done something without waiting until the last minute. If you would like to read, here is my entry.

Red and blue divide my family. Whether it is Utah-BYU or Republican-Democrat we have our heated discussions. But there has always been one thing that has brought us together, Utah Jazz purple. Well, that changed a couple of years ago. Seeing staunch Ute fans wearing blue was a happy day for some and a sad day for others.
No matter the color now, the love for the Jazz spreads through generations. From my grandparents, to my in-laws, and now to my daughter, who has not missed watching a game with her daddy, the pick and roll brings us all together with one ardent passion.
Despite the passion for our team we get critical of the players and coaches we adore. Bad shots. Poor effort. Oh, but there are times when it all seems to come together. Pick and pop. Money. Harpring coming off of a curl. These are the times that lead us all to say, “You gotta love it, baby!”


1 comment:

Hilarie said...

How 'bout them Jazz!!! Great post Gary. Hope you win.